how to remove exchange server mailbox role

Home Forums Announcements how to remove exchange server mailbox role

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Pongwud Praipaisankij Pongwud Praipaisankij 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cloudman_th
    Cloudman_th

dear all
    i like remove mail server as attached print screen. Because old mail server name USS-Mail have mailbox Role can’t remove. because this server not at network anymore. the 1st change server name USS-EMAIL is working fine all role on that server.all mailbox on new server already. So I like to remove that server from AD. please can you help me.

Hi Bobby,

<<<<<<Checking>>>>>>>>
    First you should check your environment to make sure every configured was pointed to new Exchange Server.

<<<<<Remove Procedure>>>>

Warning!!! YOU COULD BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE APPLY FOLLOWING STEP
    Warning2!! Please do as your own risk ^^ (just kidding)

1.Remote to your Domain Controller, open ADSIEDIT (You should found this tool in Administrative Tools).

2.Right Click on ADSIEDIT > Connect to…

In the Connection Settings > Select Configuration > Click OK

3.Expand to CN=Configuration [Your Domain name] > CN=Services > CN=Microsoft Exchange > CN=[[Your Organize name]] > CN=Administrative Groups > CN=Servers

4.Now you could see your current exchange server and the old one, then click Delete the one you wanna remove.

After you removed old exchange server, you could refresh your EMC once. So it possible if some notify or notice is shown, please take note the error message.

If the message said something about Database cannot found, please check if your old database configured was not completely removed as following step :

1.Remote to your Domain Controller again, open ADSIEDIT (You should found this tool in Administrative Tools).

2.Right Click on ADSIEDIT > Connect to…

3.In the Connection Settings > Select Configuration > Click OK

4.Expand to CN=Configuration [Your Domain name] > CN=Services > CN=Microsoft Exchange > CN=[[Your Organize name]] > CN=Administrative Groups > CN=Database

5.Now all exchange databases is shown, then Right click and Delete the one you found on recent noticed. Then close all tab, try to refreesh your EMC again you could not found error message again.

Please try and reply me back my Bros…. Cheer+++

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Top Articles

แจกไฟล์ MS Word สำหรับทำซองผ้าป่า และใบฏีกา

บทความนี้ไม่เกี่ยวอะไรกับ IT Pro  - -" แม่ใช้ทำซองผ้าป่าครับ งงจริง ๆ ผมเอาไฟล์ MS Word ที่เป็นซองผ้าป่า และใบฏีกา Share ไว้เผื่อใครจะเอาไปใช้กันต่อครับ จริง ๆ ก็ Download จาก Google มา Edit ต่อนะแหล่ะครับ...